Sat, Jun 19|
Summer Solstice Chakra Yoga Mala (108 Sun Salutations!)
As we near the Summer Solstice, we celebrate the first day of summer & longest day of the year. We practicing 108 Sun Salutations to support our entry into summer. We will incorporate the energy of the 7 major chakras, using essential oils, related and our body
Time & Location
Jun 19, 2021, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Arlington, Arlington, WA, USA
About The Event
Join AC and me in a moving prayer practice of 108 Sun Salutations in 90 minutes at our Summer Solstice Chakra yoga Mala at the AC Retreat in Arlington, WA.
As we near the Summer Solstice, it’s time to celebrate the long awaited first day of summer - the longest day of the year. Traditionally, practicing 108 Sun Salutations (a yoga mala) is reserved for the change of the seasons, such as this entry into summer, a time when everything is in full bloom.
This practice creates a tremendous amount of upward energy in the body, it is detoxifying and, as a result, stagnant energy and emotions will begin to move throughout the body and be released. You will leave feeling energized and empowered.
So are you ready? Will you join us in this special way of honoring the Summer Solstice? Try something new, come and Join us….YOU Got this! And, We Got YOU!
In 90 minutes we will move through 9 rounds of 12 sun salutations! We will incorporate the energy of the 7 major chakras, using essential oils, related music and our body awareness. You have the opportunity to move through all 108 sun salutations, (variations and modifications will be shown and used) but the true invitation is to connect with and listen to your body, trust it, honor it and do what feels right for you in each moment. We will be moving, breathing and igniting together, but each of us will be in integrity with our own being. We will have moments of pause and you are always asked to take a break as you need it.
- Sun Salutations produce internal body heat. When you complete just one sun salutation you flood the nervous system with solar energy, both balancing emotions and increasing higher cerebral activity. Imagine what completing 108 will do for us!
- But why 108? The number 108 is considered highly auspicious in many traditions, a sacred number. Vedic mathematicians viewed 108 as a number of completion. There are 108 beads in a mala (prayer beads), and like the mala, we become a prayer in movement during the practice. This 108, or 12 cycles of 9, series also represents the circle of life. It is such a powerful practice, we will harness its energy to deepen our inner awareness, as well as heal our bodies and minds.
- Please bring your yoga mat, a water bottle, a hand towel (because sweat!), and anything else that supports you in your practice.
- As a yoga teacher and energy and sound healer, Dawn blends her love of teaching yoga with many years of studying alternative healing modalities. She guides clients and students to wake up their deeply rooted inner guidance system through Yoga, Reiki and Sound Healing. She has come to know that the body’s natural inclination is towards wellness, it is her passion to assist others in becoming aware of and removing the obstacles in the way of that movement.
- At the AC RETREAT in Arlington, WA! Address sent with registration.
BOOK YOUR SPOT
- $25 Investment, register soon for this incredible event, there is limited space.
- We will follow up with your confirmation for attending the event and our Liability Form to acknowledge and agree to! We are all about keeping you safe and happy!